GameOn: Finance is a conference focused on helping gaming companies understand their financing options. The conference takes place in Toronto on January 17th and 18th and is being put on by Interactive Ontario
“Interactive Ontario is pleased to announce the new Start-Up Pass for GameON: Finance, to assist small games companies “on the rise” in gaining access to this unique opportunity to meet face-to-face with the investment community, as well as to network and become more acquainted with the gaming community.”
To make sure that startups can all afford to make it, the organizers are providing discounted tickets to qualified companies. In order to be eligible for the Start-Up Pass, you must have:
- 5 staff members or less;
- been in operation for less than 3 years; and
- made, or plan on making games your core business.
Join us January 17 and 18 to explore the big questions on video game financing including:
- What government incentives are, or can be, most effective at driving investment in video games? Who’s leading the world at attracting new money?
- Where have angel investments been successful in helping start-ups get to market? What types of returns have those investors seen?
- What types of exit strategies should games entrepreneurs anticipate in the next five years? Is publisher acquisition the only route?
- What should the evolving role of the game publisher be? Are games really much like films and should we move to the Hollywood model?
- Should Next Gen console developers act more like TV producers and create multi-platform strategies around their brands?
- Is content king when it comes to valuations? Or should companies be trying to focus more on technology IP?